Friday, December 28, 2012

Enchanting Ella: I am a 1-Click Addict


My Name is Enchanting Ella, and I am a 1-click addict.

I'm in several book groups on Facebook.  Earlier this week there were many discussions on how many great books have released within the last 2 months.  This has apparently made me a 1-click addict.  $0.99 here and $1.99 there....before I knew it I had over 25 new books within 2 weeks.

I also have been taking advantage of the free books available for download.   These have been made available by the author's who are trying to promote upcoming books or get their names out there.  Made my reading list grow by miles.  I'm now roughly 30-35 books behind.   Thankfully I do not have a spouse to get upset with me for my bad spending habits.

I, however, am far from alone.  At least 30-40 other ladies mentioned having the same issues as myself. Phew, I'd hate to be alone in this addiction.  Books are such a great escape.  I wish I had more hours in the day to read.  My job sort of gets in the way.  But, without the job - I wouldn't be able to mouse over that good 'ol 1-click and get what I want as often as I want.  So I feel blessed to have that job that doesn't allow me to read for 9 hours of my awake time.

Do you suffer from the same 1-click addiction?  How often do you find yourself ordering new releases or books each week?  Do you have a book budget?


Follow Enchanting Ella on Twitter and like her Facebook Page.  

Still curious?  Read her bio.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I heart you and this is awesome. Cause I'm a one-click addict too. A bit different from you, I buy a books as I read them. I try very hard not to stock pile because (yes, it's true) I'll forget I've bought something and may buy it again from a different supplier. Do not fear. You are not alone. 1-clickers unite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. United We Stand <3
      I couldn't believe how many I ended up with O_o

      Delete
  2. I am not able to be as much as a 1-click addict as others, as I have a Nook and when people rave about books sometimes I can not get them (ie On Dublin Street available now but not when book group was reading it). However I am addicted to my sites that list free books, and I will not shy away from a good deal.
    My book budget - not really firm - but I do try to keep in within a limit. All bets are off though when my favorite authors have new releases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about how Nook doesn't support some books and I find that sad. I read from an iPad so that helps my list to grow consistently as I have 3 apps and formats to choose from - eeeeek!!!
      Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading ;)

      Delete
  3. Hello Ella....my name is Pat....I am a one-click addict! You could have been writing my story when you told your own. My greatest gift for Christmas was an Amazon gift card. I am now MANY books behind. Thank goodness Amazon has the little pop up that tells you... "Yo....you crazy person you already bought that book"! ~ sigh~ if you come up with a cure...please let me know....I may or may not want to do it...LOL. :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pat we are kin for sure ;)
      I'm not sure I want to be cured as of yet but if I do find one I will let you know!! For now we will just continue to support our habit lol! <3
      Thanks for stopping by! Now let's go read haha!

      Delete
  4. Seems I've found my support group, been looking online for cures for my one-click addiction, lol. I got a new mini tablet and won kindle in the same month and have now a ridiculous number of books downloaded in three months and read them all as soon as I can, but love series or the same author, so can get a bit behind. I was a bit of an insomniac before, but now.... work is a terrible interruption, and my crafts are suffering. I only ever used to read before bed but now read at all hours.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!