Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Interview: Author Tina Folsom on "Quinn's Undying Rose" - Scanguards Vampires series #6


Release Date:  August 29, 2012
"Quinn's Undying Rose" is book six in Tina's Scanguards Vampires series


Tina, thank you so much for being here.  You are a writing inspiration to so many and you taking the time for Ravishing Romances means a lot.


Q:        You’ve just released your sixth Scanguard Vampire novel featuring Quinn and Rose.  How many more do you plan to write?

A: I have no specific number in mind. It really depends on what interesting characters I can create to keep Scanguards going. I’m definitely planning books for Oliver, Thomas and Eddie, Cain, possibly Blake, and Wesley. But there might be others down the road.


Q:        Quinn and Rose’s story is heartbreaking.  She had their daughter, but never told him.  That’s a sad storyline to handle.  Was it hard for you to write Quinn dealing with the pain?

A: I found it very difficult to understand those feelings. I don’t have children myself, so whenever it comes to storylines where children are involved, I’m having a harder time “feeling” what my characters are feeling. It’s hard for me to grasp what it must be like for a father not to have known that he had a child.


Q:        Were you ever worried that readers would not forgive Rose for keeping Quinn’s daughter a secret from him?

A: Yes. In fact, I discussed this with my critique partner Grace at length. We went back and forth about what to do about this issue. I had to find a compelling reason why Rose didn’t tell him, a reason that nobody could fault her for, so that readers wouldn’t look upon her too harshly. That’s why I made it a life and death situation.


Q:        Readers are buzzing about Thomas.  Does he have his own story in the making?

A: I know, I know. There isn’t a day that goes by when I don’t get an email or a FB posting from a reader asking when Thomas’s story is being released. So, yes, he will definitely get a book, but it won’t be the next one. I’m not quite ready for an m/m romance. Don’t get me wrong: I have a few gay friends, and I will definitely ask their advice, but I’m not quite ready to write the story. I first have to figure out how much of Thomas’s sexuality has to be on the page, ie. how explicit I can go with the sex scenes without turning readers off.


Q:        What do you say to readers who are hesitant to read this because of Rose’s choice to keep their daughter a secret?

A:  Well, there’s really not much to say. Tastes differ, and everybody has their own favorite when it comes to the Scanguards books. Let me say this about drama/literature: if people always made the correct choices, agreed with everybody, and talked everything out with their loved ones, there would be no conflict. And conflict is essential for a good book or movie.


Back of the Book

Vampire bodyguard Quinn has lived the last 200 years as a playboy trying in vain to forget the only woman he has ever loved: his human wife Rose, who he believes to be dead.

But Rose is very much alive. Now a vampire herself, she has lived in hiding from Quinn all of these years, having faked her death to hide from him a terrible secret—one she knows would drive him to kill her.

When a powerful and evil vampire threatens to destroy Rose’s—and Quinn’s— only living descendent, she has no choice but to come out of hiding and ask for Quinn’s help. As Quinn struggles with the shock of Rose’s reappearance, and they reunite to battle a common foe, they rekindle the flames of their past. But will the passion that reignites between them be enough to overcome the secret that separates them?

Scanguards Vampires Series:
Book 1: Samson's Lovely Mortal
Book 2: Amaury's Hellion
Book 3: Gabriel's Mate
Book 4: Yvette's Haven
Book 5: Zane's Redemption



Tina Folsom was born in Germany and has been living in English speaking countries for over 20 years, the last 11 of them in San Francisco, where she's married to an American. 
 In New York she studied drama at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, then moved to Los Angeles a year later to pursue studies in screenwriting. This is also where she met her husband, who she followed to San Francisco three months after first meeting him. 
 She's always loved vampires and decided that vampire and paranormal romance was her calling. She now has 15 novels in English and several in other languages (Spanish, German, and French) and continues to write, as well as have her existing novels translated.

Click here for Tina's website

View Tina's Facebook and Twitter





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!